I Forge Iron

a day of firsts

I remember my first two sets of tongs of that type.   They are EXTREMELY ugly!   I will not post a pic.   Yours are way better!      

Though that makes me think.  Maybe I should post a thread asking for pics of your most horrible outcomes.    A thread where we reveal our most horrific failures...   Lemme think on that...   I would have to start with myself....   hmmmm

I remember my first two sets of tongs of that type.   They are EXTREMELY ugly!   I will not post a pic.   Yours are way better!      

Though that makes me think.  Maybe I should post a thread asking for pics of your most horrible outcomes.    A thread where we reveal our most horrific failures...   Lemme think on that...   I would have to start with myself....   hmmmm

The jaws arent the prettiest, but the question is do they work? if so then its a success. i guess i shoulda said first successful tongs lol had a couple tries that didnt work out, but hey i got it down, made another pair the next day for slightly bigger stock that turned out better.

I would have a few post for a thread of failures lol i got plenty of them!

I just made a couple of pairs of tongs too. Not the prettiest, but OK for a first try and they work.
I think I should have made a bit more meat around the rivet hole and will do so with the next try.
post-50874-0-19220300-1421751922_thumb.j