I Forge Iron

Timmy Charles

I had a woodworking router table for quiet some time now. It has 4 drawers and no handles :o My daughters dresser needs some handles and it seems as if they are so expensive everywhere. I took this opportunity to learn how to make my own drawer pulls. I filmed it to show how easy it was and that you can add different designs to the handles. Check out the Video Here And for those that just want pictures, no worries, I'm including finished pictures. The first one was just done to figure out the technique and the second (bottom one) was to see if i could get an ok turn out. Let me know your thoughts and as always, tips and suggestions are appreciate.two-drawer-pulls.jpg

I recently saw a set from Mexico where they had taken 2 pieces of about 1/8" diameter steel wire and welded the ends and then twisted and bowed the center part.  They flattened the welded sections into a pad for the screws/bolts.  Looks to me like they had done this using modern welding technique; but it would lend itself to forge welding quite well...