I Forge Iron

Chef knife

Swords9023

Yeah, I took all of our crappy knives to the shop to sharpen them several yrs ago. Came home and said to my wife that they were sharp and to be careful. Five minutes, maybe less, she was cussing me after cutting herself and asking why these knives had to be so xxxxxx sharp. My response was that was the way they were supposed to be and I told you to be careful. I did the dishes that night.

John

Winddancer, those shop tools will get you too! I have had 9 staples put in my left forarm from a slip with a cold chisel, hit just the corner of the stiking end, she cuts steel just as happily.
Swords, nice looking blade, as a knife user (and abuser) i like a blade that is made to fit its perpose first, then made pretty. I think your on the right track. Handle it and use it, watch shome cooking shows if you dont know how to use a chef's knife. Nothing lets me down so much as a beutiful knife, that has been painstakingly crafted by a skilled artisan that falls short of function. Knives are tools first, blades worn thin by decads of sharpaning would be the greatest compliment to your work.

• 2 weeks later...