I Forge Iron

Melting Aluminium Oxide

I need a better furnace, I currently have a small DIY furnace only to melt Aluminium. I already got all the Protective gear I need. When I have more practice I will start casting copper, then Iron and then I want to cast Aluminium Oxide. I am planning on making a furnace like the "The Artful Bodger’s Iron Casting Waste Oil Furnace" but I'd like to kick it up a notch and get 2000+ °C for the Aluminium Oxide. Question is how can I accomplish this and what do I need to be aware of? I'm currently in the planning phase, it'll probably take me 1/2 year to a year to make one though. Hope you guys can give me a lot of infos and suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Aluminum oxide has a melting point of well over 4000F, that's why it was at one time one of the most expensive metals in the world.  (the Washington monument is topped with aluminum).  You probably mean you want to cast aluminum, that's a lot easier.  lol.  The usual method for converting the oxide back to aluminum is to use electric kilns. 

I need a better furnace, I currently have a small DIY furnace only to melt Aluminium. I already got all the Protective gear I need. When I have more practice I will start casting copper, then Iron and then I want to cast Aluminium Oxide. I am planning on making a furnace like the "The Artful Bodger’s Iron Casting Waste Oil Furnace" but I'd like to kick it up a notch and get 2000+ °C for the Aluminium Oxide. Question is how can I accomplish this and what do I need to be aware of? I'm currently in the planning phase, it'll probably take me 1/2 year to a year to make one though. Hope you guys can give me a lot of infos and suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Yes, what do you plan to make from aluminum oxide? Could you possibly mean aluminum bronze? 

Aluminum oxide is commonly used as an abrasive for many industrial applications.  If you want to cast Aluminum, you will have a much easier time.  Research past posts on this topic on this site.  Type in key words and do a search.  You will find many of your questions already answered.