I Forge Iron

Cba Backsmith where you from ?

Perhaps you'll post some pics of the goings on at the Steampunk convention?

Pics from Hollister too of course, I'm sure a LOT more of us are going to want to see pics from Hollister.

Frosty The Lucky.

Perhaps you'll post some pics of the goings on at the Steampunk convention?

Pics from Hollister too of course, I'm sure a LOT more of us are going to want to see pics from Hollister.

Frosty The Lucky.

I sure will Frosty! The convention is at Old Tucson, the movie set built back in the (I think) late forties early fifties. Great location for this type of an event.

Here's a pic from last year of my wife and I.

image.thumb.jpg.648002b5515f1c9c0bb88c79

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm in what you'd call the "central" zone of California.  I'm in a town called Oakhurst in the foothills just south of Yosemite NP. We meet once a month (second Saturday 9am) in Mariposa at Bob Ringrose's place. You can message me here for details.

You can also find us at some of the local Museum's, Mariposa History Center, Fresno Flats Historical Park in Oakhurst and Coarsegold Museum.

My shop at home has a full setup and I sometime announce a hammer in day on my FB page. Forge has been cold lately since I've had another long term project going. Also I'm currently in Tucson Arizona getting ready to attend WWWC4 ( it's a steampunk convention). 

I do plan on being at the CBA Spring Convention in Hollister. I'm bringing a truck and trailer load of German and English anvils, about 5,000 pounds worth and some cones, post drills, tongs, hammers and stuff!

Jake!

Glad I found this I was becoming concerned at the lack of Central Valley smiths. I am in Fresno. 

I'm only a few months in but after joining CBA and attending forging on the fault line I've been seeking closer forges and hammer ins.

I will send you a PM and FB request, thanks.