I Forge Iron

I think I am close to getting it right

eseemann

Thanks to Frosty I think I am getting my "T" burner working. I need to get a ball valve in place and close off the front and back of the fire box. The photos are show a (I think) 1" pipe, .03" or .035" mig tip at about 10 psi. 

thanks for all the help. 

post-35414-0-65099700-1399509998_thumb.j

post-35414-0-09528300-1399510004_thumb.j

post-35414-0-82965300-1399510010_thumb.j

The flame looks nice and tight speaking to good alignment down the tube. The air fuel ratio looks to be just a bit rich about where you want it to prevent scaling in the forge. The pics look to be well before the forge comes up to heat, how hot does it get? What does it sound like?

You getting a decent fuel air ratio in a 1" tube with a 0.030" or 0.035" jets is beginning to convince me the jet diameter isn't as critical as I thought. One of the guys up here builds successful 3/4" T burners using 0.045" jets. My experience says you two should swap jets but both of your burners run pretty darned well.

I guess all I can really say is well done.

Frosty The Lucky.

I have been told by several people that I need to up size my jets so I think I will do so. since the fire box is wide open it does not get nearly as hot as I want it to. I am going to be closing it in soon. I will take some video with sound after that to answer the question of what it sounds like. I have a good size (28" long 4" wide approx 1/4" thick) chunk of bush hog blade that will get hot enough to work but not above Orange Red so about 1500 to 1600 F.