I Forge Iron

Chris,
One thing I appreciate about you, other than your craftmanship, is you always take time and respond to each person that comments on your posts. Thanks for that, very considerate of you.

Hi mitch4ging, RESPECT mate nothing more  nothing  less , people take time out of there life to coment

its my pleasure or honour  to answer them .

thanks  mitcht and real glad you like my work and comented on it

Chris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome process pics! I must ask, where do you get your inspiration from? Clearly it's something of Norse origin, but what feeds that fire? 

I know some people draw their inspiration from novels, movies, videogames, history, etc. Mine tends to be a combination of all. But I'm very interested in what inspiration helps you design and forge these beautiful axes! 

Awesome process pics! I must ask, where do you get your inspiration from? Clearly it's something of Norse origin, but what feeds that fire? 

I know some people draw their inspiration from novels, movies, videogames, history, etc. Mine tends to be a combination of all. But I'm very interested in what inspiration helps you design and forge these beautiful axes! 

Hi Benton probably most of what you said mate ,I have  a lot of interests axes are one at moment ,

you have to have a interest or you  woudnt  get out of bed in the morning and it keeps me of the streets LOL

Did this pic i said i would do hope this helps a bit .

Chrisviking1234238_zpsd4eb95bc.jpg

Again, very nice Chris!
What are you using there for tempering? Could you get another shot of that when you can?
Thanks for posting!

Hi mitch4ging 

Sorry mate been flat out like a lizard drinking , but heres the pic all it is is a simplest pair of tongs with blocks of steel

heat blockes in the  coke and  use ,good for doing knives when not using  clay  to softens  the spines nicely

Chris ,P1010353_zps9c59ef6c.jpg

Hi mitch4ging
Sorry mate been flat out like a lizard drinking , but heres the pic all it is is a simplest pair of tongs with blocks of steel
heat blockes in the coke and use ,good for doing knives when not using clay to softens the spines nicely
Chris ,P1010353_zps9c59ef6c.jpg

Neat idea! Thanks for the pic and reply!
Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of trying a tomahawk from a rasp that a friend gave me and I was wondering what pitch to turn on the handle.

Hi T. J. you certainly can heres a couple i forge a while ago and a rasp knife to.

not sure what you mean  about pitch .

ChrisP1010394_zps4cf8055e.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I meant the taper of the handle.

Hi T,J. watts .

None of mine are round or turned . 

I use  tear drop shape i prefere that style instead of wedging .

try Kane  over there they sell drifts 

. Heres  a view of a rasp folded , welded and the tear drop shape  not sure of how much degrees  tho .

<script type="text/javascript"> //

post-25508-0-88425400-1411287522_thumb.j