I Forge Iron

Hello from Arkansas!

Kyuukitsuki

Hello,

Newbie Blacksmith here! greetings from down south! I am at a rental place so all my smithing is small and at a friends house. I have only ever maid small daggers, knives, and axe heads. I am in the process of building my Powerhammer with some car parts and railroad ties. Any who, If your in the Fort Smith/Van Buren, Arkansas area Send me a message. 

Welcome aboard. I am in the NE corner of the state. If you aren't already aware there is a Blacksmith Organization in AR and there may be members near you. Our chapter meets in Jonesboro.

BTW - powerhammer builds require lots of pics to be posted on here or it didn't happen LOL. I am actually hoping to build one later this year myself, so please post away.

Welcome aboard. I am in the NE corner of the state. If you aren't already aware there is a Blacksmith Organization in AR and there may be members near you. Our chapter meets in Jonesboro.

BTW - powerhammer builds require lots of pics to be posted on here or it didn't happen LOL. I am actually hoping to build one later this year myself, so please post away.

I shall sir, I am in the "Acquiring" phase, got around 1/5th of the required materials.. I have the motor assembly and an Idea on how to clutch it. 

I'll tell the cousins to keep an eye out for you!   Next of kin?...  It's old family land as my great Grandfather was the blacksmith in Cedarville and ended up with over 900 acres before he died, probably took land for work during the depression...  My father's side is from Fort Smith for a hundred+ years or so.

There is an organization of Arkansas knifemakers too.

I'll tell the cousins to keep an eye out for you!   Next of kin?...  It's old family land as my great Grandfather was the blacksmith in Cedarville and ended up with over 900 acres before he died, probably took land for work during the depression...  My father's side is from Fort Smith for a hundred+ years or so.

There is an organization of Arkansas knifemakers too.

Nice, I will have to look it up, I am wanting to try a bunch of off the wall forge welds. 

i believe the Arkansas blacksmithing association will be making an appearance in Harrison on June 12, 13, 14, and 15 for a festival, also where there will be an antique tractor show. me and my pap are going to the show and bringing our unique john deere riding mower... with a 350 chevy engine under the hood. anyone here plan on going? maybe have a meet'n'greet

Welcome to IFI.  Great resource and fellowship here.

We have one blacksmith organization "sorta" centered in the Harrison, AR, area not too far from you.  Members are scattered in NW Ark, S. Mo., E. Okla.  Last meeting was in Springdale and next meeting in April is in Gentry, AR near Siloam Springs north of you at the Tired Iron Show at the fairgrounds.  We meet second Saturday each month.  New members and visitors are welcome.

The BOA indeed does demos at Harrison on occasion for some festivals and at the Rusty Wheels antique tractor show Caius mentioned.

Check out the "Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas" on facebook for more info.  There is another organization, as Eddie Mullins eluded to, down in Jonesboro with a sizable membership.

Welcome to IFI.  Great resource and fellowship here.

We have one blacksmith organization "sorta" centered in the Harrison, AR, area not too far from you.  Members are scattered in NW Ark, S. Mo., E. Okla.  Last meeting was in Springdale and next meeting in April is in Gentry, AR near Siloam Springs north of you at the Tired Iron Show at the fairgrounds.  We meet second Saturday each month.  New members and visitors are welcome.

The BOA indeed does demos at Harrison on occasion for some festivals and at the Rusty Wheels antique tractor show Caius mentioned.

Check out the "Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas" on facebook for more info.  There is another organization, as Eddie Mullins eluded to, down in Jonesboro with a sizable membership.

I shall sir!

I look forward to meeting everyone!