I Forge Iron

Pictures of power Hammers

I am doing a video lecture about power hammers in a couple of weeks at this year's Metal Fab and I'm currently putting the finishing touches on it. I am still looking for pictures of cool old and new power hammers, static or in action, to use for background slides and b-roll. Please PM me or post here if you have pictures you are willing to let me use. After the show, the plan is to post the hour long lecture to youtube and I will post a link here. Thank you for all of your help!

If you would forward me your email address, I can send many pictures of power hammers from small to huge industrial hammers.  Also, you might be interested in looking at some of the video's I have posted to you tube.  I am starting to a series of video's showing the internal workings of the self contained power hammer.  To find the link, go to you tube and search for jamesrjohn.  There are newer video's on principles of operation, one on the front ram section and one on the valving.  To come are video's on the self contained compressor and then the crankcase assembly.  Again, if you send to James@anyangusa.net your email address, I would be more than happy to send pictures. 

Another source of power hammer information is John Nicholson. John is a member of this forum and one of the more knowledgeable people on the operation of power hammers.  He owns the rights to all of the IP for Massey Power Hammers.