I Forge Iron

Pattern Cut Out Device research

All I could find is that he was a blacksmith. He wrote a few books/booklets. Designed an LP burner. The H stands for Hans. And on a forum for metal artists that looks like it is using the same base software as this one, someone asked about his pattern cut out device and it was referenced to a similar to a cnc plasma pattern cutout device (Not sure if that is what H. Peot's was used as.). Found that using Bing.

I spoke with Mr. Peot this afternoon.

It is a 10 page book showing how to make a magnetic follower and uses a cutting torch to cutout patterns. There is a solenoid that controls the Oxygen supply on the torch to turn it on and off. He said he cut out a bunch of patterns with his set up.

I have one of these machines. I use it when I need a bunch of parts now and do not have time to wait to get them plasma cut.

post-2703-0-87291500-1392611059_thumb.jp

They are portable and VERY useful. I have cut parts up to 3" thick with this machine. I will make a video of it in operation in the morning and post it when I get home.

brad