I Forge Iron

Cool Bellows I found

reitenger

The leather looked good.  Overall the thing looked ready to be set into a shop and hooked to a spring pole.  I did buy a box of the old adjustable wrenches that open square for $40.  Think I got 14 wrenches in it with all but 4 with good wood on them.  Those 4 are destined to get a cheater bar welded onto them and used for doing twists..

Looks like they have reversed the hook on that bellows.  Also I have never seen a bellows with a spring pole---just a pole for a handle. Where did you come across one with such an item?  (Since the default state of the bellows is bottom board down, and gravity does a good job of that; I don't see where having a spring involved does anything but increase labour!)

I actually like that type of bellows more than I do my hand crank blower and that more than I like my electric blowers.

Note that "looking good" is not the criteria for leather to be usable.  It has to retain it's suppleness and strength which usually means replacing it regularly over time.

That is some special  type of bellows that have special deisgn i saw that bellows in my place a lot+s of time. Do anyobdy know how this bellows model are called. I saw them from Balkans to Czech and  Austria  and Hungary. The purpse of that hook from bottom si to put weight on it i saw that balcksmtih do and bottom chamber fall down faster.