I Forge Iron

New guy in Cumberland Gap TN

Seth miracle

Hey guys I've made a few posts already but I thought I should make it official here. I think I have everything I need to start but someone that knows more than me that is willing to help. I can teach myself with books and videos but I love watching a smith work! Anyway I hope to learn and make some stuff to show you all soon! Oh and thanks for the warm welcome and all the help the members have provided already!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I fired up my forge for the first time today! It was a blast I straightened out some of my scrap and learned a hard lesson about tending the forge. I killed my flame as I was heating rebar to practice some tapering lol oh well! I don't think I've ever had more fun with my clothes on...I'm hooked!

Ok so I fired up my forge for the first time today! It was a blast I straightened out some of my scrap and learned a hard lesson about tending the forge. I killed my flame as I was heating rebar to practice some tapering lol oh well! I don't think I've ever had more fun with my clothes on...I'm hooked!

Well, forging is something best done dressed!  :o   Don't want to roast, well, umm, you know... :wacko: