I Forge Iron

Clay Spencer Tire Hammer Group Build/ Workshop

monstermetal

Just as the title states we are planing to do a group build of tire hammers.   We are shooting for the weekend after Thanksgiving but the date is not set in stone yet.    Workshop cost will depend on the cost of materials We hope to get it down in the $1200 range but even with the minimum number of people (10) the cost will be no more than $1500.    Workshop will be Friday-Monday, at the end of the workshop you will leave with a fully assembled hammer built with all brand new parts.    There is a limit of 20 slots, we already have 5 deposits and only anounced the class a few days ago so I expect all 20 to be filled.   $500 deposit will secure your slot in the workshop, the balance will be due at the start of the build when we have a finial cost on the build parts.

Clay will not be attending as its just too far for him to drive out to Seattle and he does not fly but he will be shipping out all the jigs and fixtures for us to use during the workshop.

We are scrambling right now to put together a demo hammer that will be donated to Western States for the Demonstrators to use,   Anyone intersted can sign up at Western States for the workshop by finding me and paying the deposit.   There will be play time for you to try out the hammer if your so enclined.  

You can email me @  Larry @ MonsterMetal dot Org or send me a PM here on I forge

Ive not seen it in person but it seems the price of this class would be worth it just because you get to play in Larrys shop. I know I cant make it but I'm sure it will be a full class, hopefully we will get to see pictures and finished hammers.

Thanks,    I do think it will go faster in my shop than most simply because I have the space and industrial sized equipment to facilitate construction.   Today was day one of construction of the demonstrator hammer and we got the links, toggles, ram, motor mount/brake and the frame built.    We could have got more done but we are now to a point that we are waiting on parts to show up.   Felt pretty good to get a such a big chunk done after Clay saying it would take a hundred hours to put together a hammer without the jigs.

I would love to attend, but getting it home would be a bit much. Someone needs to do one of these in/near Wisconsin!

The footprint of these things is 2 foot square. Stand it up in the back of a pick-up truck. Long drive from Wisconsin though! I drove 12 hours one way to attend the workshop I went to. Well worth it!

The footprint of these things is 2 foot square. Stand it up in the back of a pick-up truck. Long drive from Wisconsin though! I drove 12 hours one way to attend the workshop I went to. Well worth it!

Yeah, I have the plans and I'm getting the parts together, just not sure about my ability to complete the project without a fair amount of assistance.