I Forge Iron

Opportunity for amatuer 'smiths to become professionals

Exciting new TV craft show needs you!

Their words, not mine.

I have been approached by a TV company looking for people who have a passion and talent for metal, and who have dreamt of becoming a professional blacksmith and creating masterpieces for generations to come

This award winning TV company is making a new series that celebrates both traditional and contemporary crafts for a major broadcaster.

They require talented amateur blacksmiths wanting to hone their skills under the mentorship of some of the UK's top craftspeople - leading to an opportunity that could change their lives.

This is the same company that made the Mastercrafts series featuring Don Barker for the 'smithing, with Bob Hobbs as judge at the end of the series.

I do not know who the mentors are, but can let you have contact details if you wish to take it further

that sounds really good john - i think my interests lie slightly off centre, this is for people entirely focused on this craft at the expense of all else! would be really interested in what happens though. sounds like a fantastic opportunity to be grabbed with both hands by someone keen on making this their focus.. go for it tom!!

I hope this isnt the same canadian company that spammed us here a few months ago,  got a few hopes up then nothing... they did demand full rights to the video we were required to send in also.

No Steve, it is a genuine offer, I have checked it out, its the same company that produced the Mastercrafts series on BBC that featured Don Barker and Bob Hobbs

Sent an email to them about 5 days ago and am still awaiting a reply.

Phone contact would have been better, place may have gone, or they have loads to choose from, sorry they have not responded to your request.