I Forge Iron

Buffalo Forge CO drill press No. 94

Good day folks, last weekend I bought this DP, it is a Buffalo Forge No 94, can somebody give me some info on this drill press, I can not find anything on the web on this DP. The only thing that I know is, she is a beauty, big and heavy.

Merci

Jacques

post-43400-0-21469700-1372559360_thumb.j

post-74-0-71687600-1372600984_thumb.jpgpost-74-0-91078400-1372601015_thumb.jpg

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I have a # 124 Buffalo about which I have no specific dates or info.

I'm posting photos FYI. Little by little, we all may find out more about Buffalo and their numbering system. As a wild guess, I think mine is ca. 1918. It came with the iron column and floor pedestal. I installed the Jacobs chuck to replace the old fashioned one.

Sayings and Cornpone

"Didja' ever hear of a blind nudist?"

Welcome aboard Jacques glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you may be happy to find out how may of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Sorry, I don't know much about post drills even though I own two Champions.

Frosty The Lucky.

Try This.  Maybe the link was to long.  My search was "google books" -  then -  "Buffalo Forge Catalogues".  This catalogue does not cover the current featured item but later calalogues should.  Google books have archives of numerous old industrial catalogues of many manufacturers.  Go to the 1896 catalogue and start scrolling from the last page.

http://www.google.com/search?q=buffalow+forge+catalogues&btnG=Search+Books&tbm=bks&tbo=1&hl=EN