I Forge Iron

Help. Can't identify anvil.

Hello I'm thinking about buying this anvil, but they can't make out the makers mark and the photos they have sent aren't much help. I'm scared that I see a cast line. If its cast I probably need to walk away. But it's in almost perfect condition. For a very fair price. What should I do!!? It looks similar to a hay budden, but it looks like a cast line is running up the middle. To my knowledge hay budden wasn't cast? Am I correct?

Yeah you saw it too. I just didn't want to believe my eyes lol. It's a shame because she is 220lbs and for only 350$. It's body is definitely based off of a hay budden. I might still go look at her. Maybe the photo is just bad lol. Another red flag was I couldn't make out a weld line where the steel plate should be.

It's a shame because she is 220lbs and for only 350$.

Better than the shame of being fooled.... ;) .....It's really hard to be certain from those pics....Another red flag is I think I detect casting media imbeded around the logo that someone was too lazy to clean off, I mean if you're gonna be a swindler, be a good one...... :ph34r: :lol: I could be wrong.... B)

Looks like a casting of a real anvil......If there's a parting line down the center of the face and horn, walk away....................................

Personally I prefer your foam anvils.

Seen the same listing... MeThinks it stinketh! plus being over 2 hr drive just to check...
In july there is a meeting in Fletcher of the Saltfork Craftsmen group, u might goand vist/join and maybe someone there may have one for sale. There is also Nature Farms farrier supply there in Norman (off Tecumseh), they have new anvils for not much more, having TFS, NC and some other brands to choose from. Good to have options! :)

I have looked at the saltfork craftsmen group for a long time. I really just need to grow a pair and join lol. They seem like an awesome group. You wanna know something crazy? I've lived in Norman my entire life I have never seen that place lol. Wow thanks for the heads up. I feel like a goof ball.

Wow I still can't believe that place has been right under my nose this whole time. Is it a new place? They have so many great things there. My lord I feel like a fool. Looking in all the wrong places while that was there the whole time!!! Thank you so much Mitch!

Lol... Dont feel bad, thats the way it works sometimes, something right in your back yard you dont even know about.
I just joined the saltfork myself, so hopefully we'll get to meet there in fletcher if we both go, if not, maybe we can beat some iron later on! holler any time.