I Forge Iron

Hardy behind the horn, who made me?

Peddinghaus stil makes London pattern anvils amongst many things. Check out Rigid tool web site, they bought Peddinghaus and carry their full line. it sure makes it a LOT easier to buy Peddinghaus, Rigid ships anywhere, any distributor, any time.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty,

I checked out the Rigid website. They show 3 models for sale, none of which are the size of my anvil and all are described

as having a double horn though I can only find photos on their website for the model 12. The face width, at 4 1/2", is almost as big as the 165lber they advertise. 

Blacksmith Depot shows a discontinued single horn that can be ordered

with a square hardie but comes stock with a round hole. Excepting that while

models #2 and #11 are also made with a single horn and rectangular heel, those

models along with #5 have been discontinued since 2006.

Seems like some editing needs to happen on their page. 

I'ts been a while since I looked at either Rigid or Peddinghaus since Rigid bought them out in face but it's been since 06 I'm sure.

Things keep changing and nobody asks or even tells me. ARGHHHHH! Off with their heads!

Frosty The Lucky.

I have to agree with Wroughton, I have a Germanish anvil with the hardie behind the horn and all of my bottom tools work better than out on the heel of a London pattern.... of course if I really want to beat something that's what the power hammer is for.