I Forge Iron

sword id

Iron123

hey guys im sort of new to iforge iron so bear with me. anyway I got this sword a while back and my grandpa says it was either a Austrian artillery mans sword from the 1800s or a forged sword by my great great grandpa either way I don't know for sure so I someone could help id it it would be awesome I will post pictures ater this postpost-39113-0-71437400-1367011923_thumb.jpost-39113-0-79392600-1367011919_thumb.jpost-39113-0-43463800-1367011916_thumb.jpost-39113-0-34843000-1367011837_thumb.j

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header it'll keep folk from asking you all the time.

I'm afraid I can't be any help with your sword but that won't keep me from talking. <grin>

Are you near the Hot springs? I haven't been there in many years. OR did we meet at the meeting last weekend?

I'm just a few feet outside Wasilla myself.

Frosty The Lucky.

Webhandles fake me out all the time.

This is a good place to ask Eric, IFI has some of the best bladesmiths around and plenty of historians.

Going to make the clinic? It's going to be a good one.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I thought I'd share a little find.  Did a quick google search for artilleryman's short sword and came up with a positive ID.  Here is an article in the form of a forum post that ID's the sword, judging by the handle.

http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6523

I know it's just I would like an original sheath to put along side it I don't even wanna touch my sword with sandpaper or even buff it best just to leave it the way it is. What I would REALLY like is a Kyu gunto or aka type 95 katana man those things are cool but were mass produced so quality suffered and most of the time when they were brought back by vets From ww2 there kids played with them and dinged em up and were abused .now a real sengoku jidai (warring years) period katana that's a whole different story those katanas were turned out fast but still maintained the same quality as traditionally made samurai swords