I Forge Iron

attempt at power hammer

Neat build. About the only criticism I can think of is maybe a heavier anvil. Quite a few years ago I ran across the neatest little power hammer but couldn't buy it. It was a bench mounted 7lb. Champion set up for sawyer work.

I'm thinking a quick clutch and brake it'd make a terrific tool striker

Frosty the Lucky.

It looks way better than the one you had before!! A bird in the hand............

I think what Knots was trying to say is the anvil is a little light for heavy work. It will work fine for Planishing or the like. If it helps you with what you are trying to work with, it is worth GOLD!!! :)

Neil

I really do agree that It is a cool little maschine.  It almost looks like the frame is a C-clamp.  The thumbnail  expozure obscures detail of the machine to the extent that I can't tell how it works or even it it could work.   I would never describe any such project as pittiful even if and maybe especially if it  were a simple work of art.     How about helping us out more with pictures.  A few extra details of what plan to do with it as well as some way to really understand it's size and function.    You have our attention so really show us enough detail help us understand what this project really is and what it might or hope to do with it.