I Forge Iron

Buffalo no. 61 drill press

I found this on Craigslist and went to get it yesterday. It was pretty rusty and caked with grease. I spent some time today cleaning it up. I wire wheeled every part, then I sprayed a clear coat over it and painted the raised letters gold. I also made the new wooden handle for it, it had a junky one held together with tape. I still need to mount the lower part to it and I plan on outing a modern chuck on it, but I just wanted to post it on here. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

Before:
post-27440-0-36784500-1366002114_thumb.jpost-27440-0-78797700-1366002126_thumb.j

After:
post-27440-0-99396200-1366002145_thumb.jpost-27440-0-73314600-1366002164_thumb.j

Greetings Neg,

Looks like you found a nice one...  I have several and enjoy all...   When I have students in the shop they are amazed on how well the work..  When you mount your new chuck and the bar and table make sure you true the chuck at 90 degrees to the table...  The biggest problem I have is the people that I let use them want one and they are not that easy to find..

Keep crankin

Jim