I Forge Iron

Hope for the future/past

So the wife and I are trying to sell our home and one of the places we are looking to buy was built around 1846. Knowing its age I did a bit of research in the local historic society and found the house and location on some maps, this is where I got excited. One of those maps had the home and owner listed but along side the listing was another pin marked "Blacksmith Shop" Now this building is on the driveway of the home but the tiny piece of property currently belongs to the home across the street, something that if we can buy the home I would love to try to also acquire, it feels a bit more meant to be now with this new info. I would love to restore this old shop back to working order, the only thing that I worry about is that the stone foundation pillars on the back side of the building are smack in the middle of a creek, they have stood for over a hundred years but its something I need to look into.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

Sk15pxN.jpg

Wes,

Looks like a good shop.  Not so big as to incourage too many big machines but more than enough room to work on any project.  Good Luck and post some pics if you do get it.  If you can't buy it, ask the owner if you can use it anyway.  be handy to have shop already set up if you buy the house.