I Forge Iron

Where is the Tree in Poland?

A few years ago there was a tree made by blacksmiths in Poland where blacksmiths from around the world contributed leaves representing their country. Canadian blacksmiths made maple leaves, Australian blacksmiths made gum leaves etc. I think it was called the Tree of Friendship.

I've recently been asked for the name of the town where this tree is, but I have no idea. Does anyone know? And does anyone have a picture of it?

Amanda , thanks to another AUSSIE  ( Jamesdoc ) who pointed me in the right direction i came up with this , not much info ( did do a lot of searching too )

The Millenium Tree , Gdansk Poland

http://www.tourinpocket.com/tours/89/?a=f

You will have to scroll down to picture 16 , about the best i can do for you

Dale Russell

post-1-0-59423800-1396758477_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

The Millenium Tree
On the right side of the Coal Market, closer to Długa Street (Ulica Długa), there is an interesting monument. It is called Drzewo Millennium, Drzewko Tysiąclecia or the Millenium Tree. The monument was erected in honor of the 1000th anniversary of Gdańsk in 1997. The author of the project is Wojciech Schwartz. The trunk of the tree was made at the Laboratory of Artistic Blacksmithing of Leonard Dikovskiy. Foreign artists of the blacksmithing art created the remaining elements of the monument. In the evening, the tree is particularly striking in its naturalism, with the additional lighting reflecting on the tree from the nearby buildings. During the daytime, there are various birds attracted to it. If you are observant, you may even see a peacock. The tree seems like it is real wood. The Millennium Tree immediately became a popular object of photographing. Today, it seems that the tree was always located in the area of Coal.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou! I'm researching metal trees around the world. If you know of any others- particularly those made by blacksmiths- I'd be grateful for any information. So far I've found the trees of the Olympic Park in Seattle, the Tree of Happiness in Ukraine, the weeping willow in Budapest, the Tree at the Narrows USA and a couple of others.