I Forge Iron

Forging Game of Thrones Sword (Jaime Lannister)

DennisG

Having read the books I can see where the commenters are getting their blacksmithing knowledge from! They are always making references to how Valyrian steel blades are 'folded back on themselves' like pattern welded steel. Low and behold, everyone is saying it's not a good sword because he didn't 'fold it back on itself'. It's rather amusing, not to mention that this would not be a Valyrian steel blade anyway.

I mean, he didn't even spell-forge it, is he even trying?

Having read the books I can see where the commenters are getting their blacksmithing knowledge from! They are always making references to how Valyrian steel blades are 'folded back on themselves' like pattern welded steel. Low and behold, everyone is saying it's not a good sword because he didn't 'fold it back on itself'. It's rather amusing, not to mention that this would not be a Valyrian steel blade anyway.

I mean, he didn't even spell-forge it, is he even trying?

The Lanisters never had a Valyrian steel blade anyway, it the one he might is more correct.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that too, Bryan - As far as I have read the "blood groove" is to save metal and make the sword lighter...  But, the idea in the video sounds much cooler. :)

I enjoyed watching it - I've never forged a sword, (or even knife yet) so its nice to see different methods!