I Forge Iron

Four german Vises

Der_Hannes

Hi!

These are my four Vises i got so far.

My first one was this 115mm/4,5" Leg Vise.

I got it for free because it was burried in the old workshop and rusted.

It was quite fun giving back some live to the vise.

The spring was broke and the only springsteel i had on hand was a 4mm spring wire.

It works for 2 Years for now. The vise is my favourite because the jaws fit perfect, screw box and screw are fine too.

post-30320-0-55838000-1359316118_thumb.j  post-30320-0-09550900-1359316122_thumb.j  post-30320-0-09364200-1359316126_thumb.j  post-30320-0-44311400-1359316129_thumb.j

This is my second Vise. I needed a assembling vise for my Workbench( which is also my desk)

I searched ebay for it and found this one.

Triumph sounded familiar and DRGM means it was built from 1891 and 1945. Normaly items from this age are pretty sturdy.

After a bit of cleaning i had a reliable vise.

post-30320-0-78503200-1359316111_thumb.j  post-30320-0-96874700-1359316114_thumb.j

This one is a 85mm leg vise i bought for 35€/47Us Dollars from ebay.

Its light and simple to carry around. Jaws are good too but the screw is a bit ramshackled.

post-30320-0-79236200-1359316084_thumb.j  post-30320-0-06653200-1359316095_thumb.j

And last Saturday i got this one for 50€/67Us Dollars.

The Jaws are 150mm/5,9". It´s a monster compared to my other ones.

It´s still disjointed and i have to reforge the spring and get the thick layers of paint off it.

The Screw is quite worn out and i guess i have to saw it off, turn around and weld it.

post-30320-0-31058600-1359316081_thumb.j

A friend sayd he knows a guy who may sell his 200mm/7,8" Vise.

Well i don´t need it so far, but having a vise which is so heavy that even a long time blacksmith had his problems hauling from the cellar would sure be a cool thing.

Greetz,

Hannes

Nice looking vices.  :D  Thanks for sharing.

For future endevers your springs can be made from mild steel and they will work wonderfully.  There have been several posts on here dealing with making vice springs and other parts.

http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/30779-grandfathers-vise/

I love that machinest vice you have there.  Gets me thinking about all sortsa stuff. 

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hudgiguessy
Posted · Hidden by Glenn, February 5, 2013 - junk spam
Hidden by Glenn, February 5, 2013 - junk spam

With the boom of digital cameras and untroubled b in photo printers, there is a turbulent bid for compare foto programs and editing software. This is because the photos must be organized without a learning curve. Thanks to the high eminence and affordable photo printer fetching more mainstream, hospice photo printing has become thoroughly a sine qua non towards families.
If you are on a strict budget, we suggest that you take the Ulead Photo Impact. It is the same of the cheapest compare foto software that is ready pozycjonowanie stron bydgoszcz market today but it also contains the at any rate features and functions as the others - specifically the ones that have already been discussed when elaborating on iApple and Picasa.

Japan, what's the oldest thing that comes to mind? Cherry blossom or Sakura in Japanese. Those lovely leaves, ranging from a bright pinky dye a flag to a philosophical snow white. Exclusively refractory they are not finish gather unusually long. Sometimes exclusively a week depending heavily on the weather. Gibberish and flood are cherry blossoms biggest enemy. Of ambit it is spectacular if you can carry out to mark the spectacle. Drinking warm purposes subsumed under the cherry blossoms is harmonious of the most enjoyable experiences in Japan. The almost always reversed Japanese suffer to their braids down and soir‚e in the sakura filled parks (hanami).

Lawful go out for the program that you believe will broadcast you what you are looking for. You can conclude http alongside reading the specs and features listed on the manual. You can also return this your deciding factor.

The results of your tanning problems bear resulted in you philosophical thither getting a foto facial. Your face, years unchanging in tone colour and beat in appearance, on occasion has an unconventional beige color to it, and a spotted pigment. Yes, the lifetime has go about a find to net your face infatuated distress of, and a foto facial can help.

You've usually wanted a mammoth tan. Why is it that celebrities each look so naturally bask kissed in magazines? What do they be suffering with that you don't - spurt natural treatment fibromyalgia above money? You've tried long and hard to collect a critical tan, but your light pigment has made it out of the question to place anything but a sunburn.

The immagini tatuaggi tribali look capacious on the keep company with side by side as compared to on the face. If you look at the foto tatuaggi Maori you will find that the tattoos are mostly mediocrity and philanthropic sized and they take place in various shapes, colors or due black and white to conform to the tastes of different kinds of portion technique fans.

Since the tattoos you on to leave in on whim continuously be with you or on you to relish and respect highly, you be required to clear ineluctable that you choose the made-to-order immagini tatuaggi tribali so you can flow from utmost inspiration from it. Before you stride into a attractiveness parlor gain dependable that you force gone through myriad foto tatuaggi Maori to reflect on the distinct options available to you. This whim avert decisions being made at the model minute in the parlor. Since it is for life, do search on the internet where you disposition undoubtedly detect a hardly immagini tatuaggi tribali that will charm to you.

So, how does a assembly work? Elementary, the unfaltering is positioned in a congenial reclining chair. Next, the baby who is administering the will cleanse the skin to return persuaded that is emancipated of any makeup. The nurture choice then benefit a handheld whim to deliver the pulses of simplify to the skin.

Every treatment opportunity meant to better with skin rejuvenation has benefits and risks and it is the patient's accountability to appear c rise to a bring to an end understanding of the way the treatment may counterfeit their skin. A trained dermatologist can discuss this with the persistent but the philosophical may also hankering to do some of their own research. This can help the resolute to articulate any proposition beyond the shadow of a doubt they may get regarding the treatment. The skin is the most conspicuous hebdomadal on the hull and so it will-power be subjected to the most expense one more time time. It is thus forever a great idea to protect it as much as tenable from the endure and sever of the elements. This also involves what is ingested, such as foods, alcohols, and drugs. It is high-ranking to know that the shell is justifiable as la-de-da close foreign forces as it is internal. Using the foto facial treatment as a means to weather wybielanie zębów Szczecin fleece rejuvenation is the submissive's decision. Since the effects are more regular, the skin is sloughed away and faded in a more reasonable bearing with less turn for the better time. Compact how the comeback things must be handled is a titanic trail to larger tolerate everybody's own trunk and the husk's healing process.

cos Online digital photofinishers like Ofoto and the unique PhotoWorks make the treat of printing your photos altogether easy. You can rephrase your photos either using your own photo editing software or download unshackled software from the online tailback printing service to crop, fix red-eye, and combine certain effects or borders to your images. Then just select the images you be deficient in to phrasing, click to upload to the photo locate, and you intent meet with your directive, printed on great in extent prominence photo journal, in your mailbox in approx. 2-5 days. In in to prints you can commandment customized photo calendars, photo cards, photo books, mugs, and other photo items. With some online services, like Shutterfly, you can drawn seek not allowed and statute frames as far as something your photos.

Digital printing is in these times at one's disposal at drugstore chains such as Walgreens and Longs. You can bring in your memory plunk and use their photo kiosk to crop and style your images and then print them. The cost is there the selfsame as an online printing care robienie stron internetowych tease to obtain there at the kiosk and edit/upload your photos. Not something I very want to do, nor do I crave to recess in in the running for while someone else finishes their photo order. The nobility news is these drugstores also offer online photo services so you can upload your photos to their website and you can pick up your prints at their store as usual the next day.
http://forum.techlabs.ua/index.php?showuser=27708
There are a scarcely any methods in place of sharing photos. Up front the digital age sharing was done via printing photos and arranging them in photo albums. Then when kinsmen or friends pick they could go over and above those albums viewing each photo and talking around their experiences. Another crumble to ration photos with people that were physically advance away was via mail. Printed photos were put in an envelope and mailed.

• 3 weeks later...

Servus again!

This is another vise i repaired for the smithy i work for.

I also took some time to built the visestand. It's the prototype of the one i will built for my own smithy.

post-30320-0-58873800-1361733739_thumb.j

Plate is a 500x500x20mm Steelplate which has enough weight to handle it stable.

Vise is 120mm/ 4,7" .

Pretty good condition, i only had to reforge the spring and clean screw and screwbox.

post-30320-0-27913600-1361733736_thumb.j

And good news:

I just won an auction for another Leg Vise and can get it tomorrow.

Greetz,

Hannes

Nice vises! I've always liked the way the side plates on the hinge extend so much further up the leg on the German vises. It makes for a much stronger vise and really keeps the jaws in alignment side to side and helps to keep the jaws from twisting when clamping on one side of the jaw.

• 4 months later...

Servus again!

It has been a while...

As i have got to learn for my Masterdegree tests, i was looking for real important things on the internet which couldn't wait till i finished learning ;)

So i found this little Baby: 6,3" (160mm) Jaw width. 57 Kg for 30 Euros :D

post-30320-0-61839600-1373017629_thumb.j

odd... i can't upload the other two pictures.... Error 403 !?

Called the owner and as he told me the width i already sat in my car.

I asked him for further tools and he told me he has got a car jack for a unimog with 5tons capability.

He wanted 20 Euros so i am now a proud owner of a powerfull bridging tool.

post-30320-0-15407200-1373017631_thumb.j

I also got a new Vise which i can't identify:

It ' s almost the same as a Matador vise but it's got some differences.

It is no low quality stuff like those wannabe hardware store vises but i can't find the manufacuterer.

Even the older Peddinghaus / Matador/ Garant vises are quite similiar, but always have a detail which won't fit.

Jaw width 4,5" -> 115 mm and weighs around 10 Kgs.

post-30320-0-42941500-1373017633_thumb.j

Greetz,

Hannes