I Forge Iron

Can anyone ID this unused anvil

I found this anvil in a friends machine shop. It has 100 marked on the foot,
9307273cb2cd796d209d4e016af054fb_zps9766

Also found this vise in the dirt behind an old shed. Only markings are the numbers 182 on the frame and 4 1/2 on the handle. It's a slide style, handle in the vertical position the jaws slide to the work. Left or right and the jaws tighten. Handle does not spin.
782593567f000fb4f64f1f9fc83dc1f7_zpsa0fb

Thanks
-Eric

Judging just by the pic shown - it appears to me that the top and sides have been milled and the step has been milled the same - the horn looks flattended from the step forward some by the possible milling??? This would make sence being found inside a machine shop.

Actually the vise was outside. The anvil was inside. I don't think he is going to sell it. Quick tip, this machine shop is also a rigging company. They are often hired to remove old or unwanted heavy items which the keep around or sell. This place has so many old Bridgeport mills in storage it makes me sick. Places like this may be worth a look.

Nice looking hundred pound Fisher and I would say from looking at the  horn that it hasn't seen any service at all. I have seen a vise similar to that and envied the owner, no cranking the screw to close the jaws. I have also seen them on eBay a time or two and they always seem to garner a fair amount of interest money wise too.

That FISHER anvil looks to be NOS(new old stuff).  That ridge on the side is common on some Fisher anvils.  No, I do not think it had any reworking done to it. 

I wish I had 50 pristeen ones like this.  I do have a few though, including a few that are MINT(never hit).

Its hard to tell without looking at all of surfaces, but I am guessing this is a Crossley era anvil(1962-1979) or a fairly late Fisher.

That FISHER anvil looks to be NOS(new old stuff). That ridge on the side is common on some Fisher anvils. No, I do not think it had any reworking done to it.

I wish I had 50 pristeen ones like this. I do have a few though, including a few that are MINT(never hit).

Its hard to tell without looking at all of surfaces, but I am guessing this is a Crossley era
anvil(1962-1979) or a fairly late Fisher.

I KNEW it was nice. I passed on an identical condition 150# Fisher with the orange/red sticker on the side for $500. Why?? Because I read on here that over $3 a pound was a rip off. :-O Lol.
That #150 Fisher was on CL for a day or two....

Some day I'll come visit your museum Josh. I want to see that Anvil/vise Fisher in person when you get the parts cast.

To the OP. I'd be polite, but earnest and try to get that anvil. The vise as well. Other than cash, ask if he'd like something like a knife or two forged on it?