I Forge Iron

Saying Hello

Broken Arrow

Well, first of all happy new year to you all, my head is a little sore today so I lit the forge for a play around, it did the trick!

My name is nick searle, I live near Rye on the south coast of England, I have been interested in blacksmithing for a year or two now, Im no bloody good at it but really enjoy trying to move metal, this looks like a great site to read up on advice and useful information, I have a small coke forge and a Brooks anvil.

looking forward to exploring this site and getting my fingers burned!

best wishes 

Nick

Many thanks for the warm welcome, especially on new years day... its not cold here, but just keeps bloody raining!

seriously, I appreciate your replies, will endeavor to produce something worth looking at, youve got plenty of time, right?

all the best 

Nick

Well I guess someone from Southern Arizona had better give you a welcome. So far we are relatively warm and dry but could use a little more rain in this part of the state and snow in the high country. We have some great smiths in the state so if you get tired of the rain come on over and dry out for a little while, I sure someone will let you sleep by the forge.

You are a friendly bunch, Im reading a book by Charles McRaven, he is a smith in Virginia I believe, It conjures up a picture in my head of something like the Doc's smithy in back to the future!

You can tell me to shut up and push off anytime you like.......... <_<

Regards

Nick 

Welcome aboard Nick, glad to have you. Tell you to push off? It's not like you're particularly annoying and even then we're a pretty accommodating bunch. Seriously, they put up with my puns and silliness so what's some new addict questions? Blacksmithing IS addictive you know, once you've played with fire, hammers and hot iron you're in for good.

Oh yeah, we've been enjoying some warm weather since before Christmas, in the 30's and 40's even, no snow or much wind Heck even in "rainy" season it's no where near as wet as England's reputation has it. A Sherlock Holmes great coat would be a treat but don't need the pipe or cocaine addiction.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty

We love fire alright, especially here in Sussex, many towns and villages have bonfire societies, ours is no exception, each year around November we have big street processions with torches and fireworks........ 

Looking forward to learning from you seasoned hands, 

Is the sun making an appearance there yet?

Nick