I Forge Iron

9" Damascus Wa-Gyuto

Justin Carnecchia

Very Nice , However your prices are better suited in Japan then the US . Please understand I am NOT discrediting your work as your knives are very good it is just here in the USA many folks are out of work and /or disabled military folks and the rest engage in Blacksmith works and make their own . I would get every size you had or would make and some you do not show on your site as what in known as a Chef 's set of knives . that price here in the USA is around 500 to 4000 a set of 10 knives or so and right now only the most extreme can pay the 500 for the set right now .

Sam

Please note I do not speak for everyone just what I know here in my area .

Thanks everyone.
Samcro the prices are largely based on what I have been receiving for my previous knives. I am still pretty new at this and pricing is the hardest part. I currently have this knife listed on E-bay for $350. I feel a very fair price if you consider that many chef knives go for $300 and aren't damascus. That being said it may sell it may not...I may not make another chef's knife for some time <_< . The same with the sword. Also listed on Ebay for $350, it is considerably less than what my last bowie sold for, and given the size was quite a bit more work. If neither of these knives sell so be it. But as this is not my primary employment I am making knives not just to sell, but because I like making knives. Otherwise I would be stuck only making bowies, as that is what I have had the best luck selling.
Check out chefknivestogo.com and see what a 9" gyuto by either a Japanese or American maker is going for. One of Stephan Fowler's mono steel blades is $520 with a rough polish. His Damascus is $950. If this knife doesn't sell for $350 it is only because I'm not marketing it to the right people.

If you are still interested in the damascus billet let me know, assuming it is something I can do I would be happy to. Price wise would be materials and hourly, depending on layer count 4-5hrs. With more specifics I can give you a better estimate.