I Forge Iron

Having a mini hammer in

Hammer In attendance  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you coming to the event

• Yes, and I AM brining a portable anvil and/or forge.
    • Yes, and I AM NOT bringing a portable setup
    • No I cant make it.

Well I have some friends who were intrested in learning some blacksmith work, and decided they wanted to come out Nov. 17th and 18th. So then I invited a fellow memeber from here who lives close by, and decided we would open it up into a Hammer In. I understand this is very fast notice, and that a lot of people won't be able to make it. Also, we have a small shop, but a big area with about 40 acres. So if you have a portable setup, please bring it with you as we currently only have one forge and one anvil. We do have plenty of coal, and there is electricty on site. Please vote in the poll here and let me know if your coming, and if your bringing another setup with you. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come. The only lodging on site will be camping, or you can stay in a hotel in Oak Ridge, TN about 30 min away. Here are the details

When: Nov. 17th and 18th, 2012
Where: We will meet at the Hardees at 528 East Tri County Boulevard Oliver Springs, TN 37840 at 8:30 am eastern time. We will leave there between 900 and 930 to go the shop which is about 20 min. The shop address is 386 Duncan FLats Ln Briceville, TN 37710.
What: Hammer In and Blacksmithing get together

If you have any questions please post here. Also please bring lunch and dinner, as none will be provided, and its a long drive to town.

Also if you want to drive out for both days, and dont wanna camp outside, or rent a hotel, I can open the garage at my place about 20 min away and your more than welcome to sleep there. It is equipped with a full bath including a shower, and can sleep 10-15 people on air matresses

Hey, Spots,
Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it to your hammer-in - sounds really great, though! Just wanted to let you know that our organization, AACB (Appalachian Area Chapter Blacksmiths) is having its annual meeting on Saturday 12/1/12 at the Appalachian Center for Crafts in Smithville TN. Travis Fleming from AL will be doing a demo starting at about 9:00 a.m. & there will be "ladies' programs" at the same time. Then there will be a meal, iron-in-the-hat, and a good auction with a lot of tools. Hope you might be able to join us there - it's always a good time. Good luck with your hammer-in!
Slowpoke