I Forge Iron

New bandsaw stand

I put this together this morning for my old horizontal bandsaw. Since I bought the big saw (8x14-inch cut capacity,) I use this small saw only for super tiny stuff and as an upright saw. However, the old stand was shot, so I built this one. It is rock solid and at a nice stand-up working height!

DSC08491.jpg

DSC08492.jpg

DSC08493.jpg

(Pardon the mess in the background. I'm still reorganizing since pouring the concrete!)

Way to go Dave! It has been fun watching your shop grow over the years. Not only a new saw but another forge, concrete floors, a pile of new lights. I suspect it won't be long we will be reading about a big power hammer installation. :D

Not so sure there will be a "big power hammer" installation any time soon! LOL My cieling height isn't high enough! :D Oh well, the forges, floor, and lights is enough for me! I replaced six of my 10 single 40-watt lights, with the four foot florescent shop lights. The light inscrease is AMAZING! The concrete is great...having the anvil and PH bolted down! I do have to sweep up now, but that's ok.
Being able to roll the welder and torch around is also wonderful!

• 2 months later...