I Forge Iron

Libert Nibbler

Timothy Miller

I have a Trumpf machine it is similar but much larger it will shear and nibble > 5/16 from the edge. You need a lower tool holder that is is in line with the top tool holder. It looks like you machine is setup to shear so the bottom tool holder is offset from the top. These machine are great for working tubing. I used to make a lot of door skins from 18ga with joggling dies I wish I had some example to show. Is the stroke adjustable ? My machine has a variable speed pulley to adjust the speed I would add a vfd to your machine it would add a lot more control for free form work.

When my shop is finished I will make some videos to demo these very versatile machines.

brad.

Hi Timothy,

That is a nice machine you have there. Similar to the Pullmax. As Brad says, with dies alighned with one another, you can do forming, shaping, doming etc. Here is a link to a very good site that will be of interest.
Regards,
Kevan

http://allshops.org/

Say Tim,
Simms (sp?) out in Lindhurst I think, can't really remember had one similar to that they used to use to cut drum heads for making tanks. If you haven't been there you should check them out. He has a lot of machinery that he has built/re purposed for fabricating large pipe etc:.

Say Tim,
Simms (sp?) out in Lindhurst I think, can't really remember had one similar to that they used to use to cut drum heads for making tanks. If you haven't been there you should check them out. He has a lot of machinery that he has built/re purposed for fabricating large pipe etc:.
that is a cool place I buy steel there from time to time.

I thought you were getting rid of stuff, not bringing in more :D . Talk to our buddy up in Millbrook- he's got a Pull-max that he has all kinds of dies and stuff for. Makes molding, makes stuff for copper lanterns etc. He's got some really great ideas that he uses on his machine.