I Forge Iron

Two years since PAW PAW passed

Bear

Met Paw Paw at a couple three ABANA conferences. Good man. Great sense of humor. I am sure he would enjoy the irony of the fact of how many people think of him every time we are "forced" by necessity to weld on some galvi.

A good man gone, missed, and remembered.

I am really sorry to hear that alot of you have lost a friend, if it was a really close friend, it will leave a hole that will not likely ever be filled, I know cause I have one of those holes, and would not wish that pain on anyone.
It sounds like I have really missed out, not knowing this man. If I may, what happened to him, you mention welding galvanized metal, I know of people who have gotten sick from it but have never heard of someone dying of it.
I have had some, (very little) exposure to it.

welder19

welder19-

Go to anvilfire.com, go to the pull down menu, click on link removed at the request of anvilfire then click on no. 166 SAFETY III, metal fume fever. That pretty well covers it.

While you are there you might as well look at No.'s 66 & 69 also. Lots of good safety related info..

I have this drawing from Paw Paw's book "Revolutionary Blacksmith" He gave me a print of it when I commented on how it touched me.

Toast to a fallen hammer

He was heated in the forge of life, shaped by the hammer of Christ on the anvil of God, quenched in tears of sorrow and joy, tempered in the hearts of those who loved him, and has gone to find his place in the gates of Heaven.

Three times we ring our anvils in his memory. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen

Mike McGinty AKA Habu