I Forge Iron

find smiths

Find the local ABANA affiliate if there is one, attend a meeting and ask if there is anyone near you.

I saw 3 affiliates listed for Georgia and there is the possibility that one in an adjoining state is actually closer.

Georgia
Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association
Ocmulgee Blacksmith Guild
Southern Blacksmith Association - SBA

I am in my shop in Louisville Ga from time to time. I should be back there by the end of the month. Currently I am helping a friend in Charleston SC finish up a balcony job. My shop is a little bit in shambles because I have spent the last 6 months traveling and working for different smiths from WI, VA and now SC. I have only stopped by to drop off a little giant that needs rebuilding and other tools. But I hope to spend a few months there setting everything up and build a few rail sections and other sample pieces to have a better portfolio of what I can do and what I lured from the different smiths.

I am in my shop in Louisville Ga from time to time. I should be back there by the end of the month.
let me know when you are back pls as i would like to come peer over your shoulder so to speak and learn what you got to teach if you wouldnt mind if you are from lousville i am sure you have heard of central steel buildings then. i live in the brick house across the road from there and kyler lives across the woods from there.

Ill see about opening up my shop and letting you know when I am back in Louisville. My job here in SC is nearly finished, but I may have to drive to NY to install the balcony's I helped build. Hopefully they will just be shipped out but I am not positive yet. Looks like Ill be in Ga most of the winter though.

Howdy,
I went through the thread, and felt compelled to throw a thought into the breeze..I live 2000 miles from you folks, so I feel qualified to state my position as a disinterested individual. If a potential student can't find the energy to respond to an invitation from an established craftsman in real words, I would personally go out of my way to dis-invite the newbie from my shop. Lose the text-speak.
mike

O I am not offended by odd uses of words. I may not always understand but that's just the way of this world. God gave us many languages and even in the same tong people will sound quite different.
My shop is about 10 mi outside of Louisville, off middle ground rd, You can email me at

Martinforgeworks@gmail.com

Ill do my best to set aside some time for some folks to visit.
M Martin

Howdy,
I went through the thread, and felt compelled to throw a thought into the breeze..I live 2000 miles from you folks, so I feel qualified to state my position as a disinterested individual. If a potential student can't find the energy to respond to an invitation from an established craftsman in real words, I would personally go out of my way to dis-invite the newbie from my shop. Lose the text-speak.
mike

i was beating around the bush sorry

if i get the chance and ML is there i will show up if you would like to come our way sometime my email is runruh961@gmail.com