I Forge Iron

Fitting Use for a Vulcan

I bought this 70 lb. vulcan, about a year ago, at a flea market in a package deal for a beautiful 138 pound Peter Wright anvil that I sold to a newbie on IFI. I hate this anvil with a passion, it has crumbled edges. My wife is currently battling our next door neighbor, who has decided to put up Christmas Ornamentation in the middle of October. Our return salvo is to put plastic flowers in the hardy hole, as OUR mode of decoration of our place. What do you guys think?

post-10332-0-43607300-1350324665_thumb.j

paint it to look like a really gaudy lawn ornament, a gnome sunbathing (horn = cap), or knock off a bit of the horn to make a pig's nose, paint the whole shebang bright pink and use a coat hanger or some other wire to make a curly tail :D

actually, perhaps a little lawn gnome setup to make it look like he is actually forging on the anvil could work

I think you guys are missing the point. We would think a painted anvil would be ugly, but I think stewart is trying to do something his neighbors would think ugly. If they are cheesy enough to put up christmas decorations this early they would probably love to se more cheesiness in the neighborhood. :rolleyes:
I do like the forging knome though