I Forge Iron

Scroll Candle Holders

Prokopto

Hey, I'm a rookie too! :P
The addition of the drip cups and that style candle looks great.
Had planned to make round drip cups but never got around to it.
My first attempt was similiar to hers and then I morphed it into what you saw on the video.
Did the same for her dinner bell except I use 3/8" square for the hanger.
Lorelei put together a nice book and I've got two copies.

Do you do craft/artisan shows? Both the bells and candleholders are sellers.

Allen

Hey, I'm a rookie too! :P
The addition of the drip cups and that style candle looks great.
Had planned to make round drip cups but never got around to it.
My first attempt was similiar to hers and then I morphed it into what you saw on the video.
Did the same for her dinner bell except I use 3/8" square for the hanger.
Lorelei put together a nice book and I've got two copies.

Do you do craft/artisan shows? Both the bells and candleholders are sellers.

Allen
No I am a Pastor by trade and (long story short) I was burning out. I could not figure why so I consulted with some really close friends and my mentor and after a few months they concluded that from my background (industrial trades/ carpentry, house framing, etc...) I am used to seeing the finished product of my labor which is usually not the case in ministry. If a couple spends 15 years ruining their marriage it ain't getting fixed over night. So they suggested a hobby so I could put my hands on something I'd accomplished. All that said my wife is constantly telling me I need to go to a craft show. By the way what do you sell the scroll candle holders for. (If it's okay to ask of course)

Bill

(Glenn, please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe there is any problem with posting prices... there are actually several threads on that subject along. The things you have to bear in mind are "is the pricing in Mechanicsville the same as in Robesonia?" and "what will the market bear?"
The answer to the first one is most likely No. an example would be a nice 200+ lb peter wright in philly vs. honolulu. The second is something you find by yourself, by asking other smiths in the area, and by visiting a few craft fairs and comparing notes. BTW, welcome to the addiction of blacksmithing. :blink: .

(Glenn, please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't believe there is any problem with posting prices... there are actually several threads on that subject along. The things you have to bear in mind are "is the pricing in Mechanicsville the same as in Robesonia?" and "what will the market bear?"
The answer to the first one is most likely No. an example would be a nice 200+ lb peter wright in philly vs. honolulu. The second is something you find by yourself, by asking other smiths in the area, and by visiting a few craft fairs and comparing notes. BTW, welcome to the addiction of blacksmithing. :blink: .
yes I am actually going to go visit a craft fair Saturday at the local Lutheran church where my wife is the secretary. Addiction.... yes!