I Forge Iron

Pot rack and a few other things

MattS

After being a member here for a few years I've never had to post anything due to the fact that all my questions had already been answered somewhere on this site. And now after finally having the space and equipment to do some work i figured i would show a few of the projects i have been working on. Thanks for looking. Any comments or critisisms welcome.

pot rack
post-5053-0-80774800-1348506071_thumb.jp

sign hanger
post-5053-0-33879100-1348506121_thumb.jp

curtain rod hanger
post-5053-0-99926600-1348506138_thumb.jp

treble clef and hanger
post-5053-0-57506700-1348506168_thumb.jp

G'day madmax, nice stuff. Like the shapes you've created. Particularly like the pot rack (I use an old wooden ladder) only thing I'd advise is make up some heftier pot hooks. Those don't seem to do the rack justice.
Keep up the good work Mate.

Thanks whirly, It's funny you mention the wooden ladder. I was originally planning to do that but I couldn't find the right spot to hang it in our kitchen. I completely agree with you on using heftier hooks, but my wife wanted it up ASAP so I had to use the ones we had lying around until I get some made up.

To add to John's suggestion if you fuller in a groove and then another a couple inches further out and heat and compress the area between them a bit and then cut and work the last couple of inches you can get a nice "flower" on the end of the pole, do it for both ends and you get the pole securely "trapped" for sideways motion

Matt,

A suggestion. When you use flat bar for the hanger, consider a hook that engages the flat stock. this way the hooks look straight and the finished product is more appealing to the eye. i made a slew of those in different lengths and orientations for a kitchen pot hanging system. They worked good and they looked great for the walk through with the client.

Note the design of the hook where it interfaces with the flat stock. Think details, balance and function.

Photo attached for your review.

Peter

post-3252-0-82625500-1349291658_thumb.jp