I Forge Iron

My New Shaper

post-10376-0-99391100-1347761862_thumb.jpost-10376-0-66076300-1347762332_thumb.jpost-10376-0-46445300-1347762356_thumb.jpost-10376-0-60445500-1347762379_thumb.j
Found this on craigslist the price was right and it was close enough for me to go pick up. It is in great condition very little use, the guy used this shaper and a small mill to build scale trains. Now I just need some hold down clamps and I will be up and running.
I removed the motor and stand for loading

Thanks guys, and yes it is saweet FE, I tried to call you when I was in route so you could talk me out of buying it and going for the mill instead. They were a little high on the price for the mill so the shaper was my only option anyways. There was nothing else there that I could find that went to the shaper, tooling is just a tool holder and bit. I plan on ordering a clamping kit from Grizzly.
One odd thing about this machine is the lack off a name plate, the only marking I can find reads "A. E. 782" I did run it a little before I took it apart and it seems to function properly, the table does traverse as it should and it ran smooth.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...