I Forge Iron

Beginner from Midlothian/Richmond Virginia

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, but pretty much brand new to blacksmithing. Thing is, I'm 15 years old and I have my heart set on this. I figured I'd give it a shot to expand my horizons, and take on a trade that has been around for many years. My point in starting this discussion is that I don't really know anybody who takes on the art of blacksmithing and metalworking, so I'm asking here if anybody would be willing to give me lessons or an apprenticeship in the Midlothian, Richmond area? I'm very willing to learn, and willing to pay a reasonable price if you could teach me the basics. I feel that more teens my age should get into things like this, mainly because it teaches them something useful that they can actually use in life. I truly appreciate it!

http://vablacksmithing.org/

Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing. Its in Waynesboro, which might be a bit of a trip for you, but they offer weekend classes that focus on developing skills. Well worth it!

Will

Thanks for the plug Matt!! Yes I do and can give beginning blacksmithing lessons here at my shop in the midlothian/chester/richmond area. Mike over at Yesteryear forge is also another awesome smith to learn from as well and hes close too. Just messagge either of us and im sure something can be arranged to suit..

Keith Hicks
MMM Fab & Forge