I Forge Iron

I would like to introduce myself to you

nmgross

my user name is nmgross - I have been a job shop machinist since 1949 ( I am retired now) I still feel the need to be around metal workers, so here I am.
currently I have a fisher anvil of 100 lbs. and a good steel stand to keep it on!
I find that many things can be done on an anvil faster than any other way.
I have a lathe and milling machine at my home and still enjoy making things we need around our home.
I always wanted to be part of a group such as this!

nmgross, we have a machinist section on the IForgeIron site. You and other machinist could use your talents to expand the You Might Be a Machinist section of the site. There is a link on the opening page. Email me your contribution and I will post it for you.

Welcome to the site.

nmgross,
Welcome to IFI.
I agree with Glenn, who is the IFI site administrator, when he says: “Blacksmiths are problem solvers".
With your years of experience we welcome your input to help us advance the quality and magnitude of information that can be found on IFI.
Tuesday nights are special here at IFI. We have a live Blue Print presentation. Please try to attend and enjoy!
If you look in the Forum section of IFI, you will find under Blacksmithing, a section called “PROBLEM SOLVING”. We encourage people like your self to check that section and see if you could help someone out that has a problem that needs solving!
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted