I Forge Iron

Blacksmith in New Hampshire

Dubeman07

Hey everyone! I'm very new to this awesome trad/art form and am excited to finally start shaping things into reality. I'm 23 and have found one blacksmith in northern New Hampshire and would like to connect with some more. I'm looking forward to utilizing this site. My friend is getting into woodworker so we are going to be complementary to one another! If you are in NH feel free to say hello!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have a shop in Lancaster, not far west of you. I have been smithing full time for almost 32 years and my daughter is now working with me with plans to take over full-time on my full retirement I do mostly commercial work for the precious metals refining industry and have a fully equipped shop. There are several of us in the area but we don't spend a lot of time on the net-too much real life stuff to do. Feel free to get in touch and stop by for a visit by appointment. I am not in the shop all the time so you would need to call ahead.

Neal wells

Welcome aboard Mike, glad to have you. Lots of NH guys out there and looks like you have a hit from one now. check out the affiliate/clubs/ section of IFI to get contact info for clubs near you. Getting hooked up with a smith will shorten the learning curve wonderfully.

Don't be a stranger here, we love good questions, tough ones make us think of WHY the HECK we do it THAT way. We'll answer what we can and happily make something up about what we can't.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 years later...

I'm an aspiring bladesmith in the Whitefield littleton area of northern new hampshire and I'm trying to find someone who could give me some hands on training and if anyone knows someone who could help be out it would be greatly appreciated. 

Chris

Ah, I already said hi. Just telling us where you are in one post isn't going to do a lot of good, we're not likely to remember half way through reading the next subject line. Having it as part of your forum ID on each post puts it where we can find it without having to hunt or <GASP!> remember.

Frosty The Lucky.