I Forge Iron

Gluing Metal to Wood?

wooginator

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes: What kind of glue should I use to glue wood to metal? Specifically washers to metal? It doesn't need to withstand a great deal of pressure or force, it's more or less decorative, but I don't want it to be loose.

I use something called Weldbond - it's fantastic stuff! Glues pretty much anything to anything else.

Metal, wood, glass, leather, stone, pourous or non-pourous in virtually any combination. It's non-toxic, cleans up with water and dries clear. I've even used it as a primer / bonding agent when patching concrete.

It looks like ordinary white glue (colour & consistency) ... and doesn't make a mess of your fingers like super glue does.

I've generally used sikaflex 291, but tbh, they all work well, they use the stuff to build boats -bonding different materials together, and seeing as you don't need it for structural bonding either any of them should do. My partner works in the marine industry and suggested it to me. The thing about sikaflex is that it doesn't go completely rigid, there is a little flex to it, as the name suggests, so I find it works really well because of that.