I Forge Iron

Design for a sign

Here is my best design so far...
Any other ideas or changes you could think of making? I'm having a hard time settling on any one idea. Nothing seems to fit the lettering as well as I would like. I'm tempted to go with a vine theme...but am worried the final product won't turn out as well as I would hope.

Cheers!

296851_236876433035665_224433717613270_6

hi there - i a;ways find lettering a little bit troublesome... i like what you did, although i think the three d element of it will be wasted at height - its sillhouette will be what you see, have you thought of cutting and shaping flat sheet for your letters in some decorative manner... twirly whirly curly is vine like though, so that may be a good way forward. or even a flat, shaped however, sign, above your scrolling, with painted name on ( i may be talking way off what you like to look at here but its just ideas!)and some added forged leaves vines whatever over it and tumbling down. i think letters should not nec be made in the metal in the fabric of the metal, but thats just me. look forward to seeing what you decide on doing :)

Well US$35 is not all that bad, the last big addition to my research library was "The Knight and the Blast Furnace" the foremost book on the metallurgy of medieval/renaissance armour....

Did you try to ILL it at your local library? Mine asks for a dollar per search; but can get books I have had open book searches on for over 8 years now!

One question I had for your sign design: Do you get high winds? We commonly get up to 80 mph sustained winds in the spring out here. If you see the same perhaps a horizontal bracket(s) as well as the vertical one. More room to vine it up too!