I Forge Iron

Plant hanger

Nce work.

Now, make one just like it using all traditional joinery... rivet, collar, weld, etc.

We are currently remodeling the exterior of our house and I'm afraid my wife is going to keep me busy with work like this for a while.

The scroll looks good to me.

Okay yall I would like for yall to tell me what you think about this. Any tips on the scroll and or any tips on degsin? Thanks
Steve the Blacksmith

The plant holder looks great! If you wanted to go for different look, you good try different scroll ends.ie fish tail, penny, a flair, a pig tail or even a small leaf. Any of these could be worked into the "S" support scroll or into the top or bottom ends of the bracket.
Good luck

If you have not made a second one I like the idea someone else said. Make another. Mostly so far I make everything different, or mostly so. A guy at work had a plant hanger that he wanted a second one of and he said he could not find another that was similar. I said bring it to me and I would see what I could do. I love a new challenge. I found that the challenge of fairly precisely trying to duplicate an item was quite fun. Just being creative and making stuff like you feel in the moment is cool. But trying to replicate an item without jigs and such was really fun and it pushed my skills a bit. I think trying to duplicate is a great opportunity for learning in more ways than you might imagine.. Try it

This was also my first blacksmith profit. He gave me a $25 gift card to Lowes. I did it for fun but I never turn down cash