I Forge Iron

Journeyman with no where to go

This topic was started by the one who started it about where to go, not to be taken over by everyone posting pics.... I thought.......

Plenty of pictures in the rest of the topics.... I love the pictures in this forum ..... Lots of very clever ppl, and sometimes, they wanna just talk.....Im guessing.

Thanks to all, hopefully I will get to come work with you one day mr Dillion and old rusty too if you don't have anything for me to do now maybe one day... I have plans to learn from as many people as I can and don't really look at this as a one time deal but something to do though out my life to learn.
I have found somebody to head to and Oakland is where I am headed with the abundance of smiths in that area I have a good base to work from and will likely learn many things
From many people, I may. Work my way up the coast until I end up home or head to Europe afterwards I really don't know
Brian has really helped me and I have learned alot of things that I will work with though out my life and be able to approach forging with a much greater understanding from now on, it's up to me to continue and find new things to learn and experiment with, working with other people will test. My limits of knowledge, this is really the best way to learn.

I practiced on my own enough to realize I was doing a lot of things wrong but I didn't know how to fix it

So far every part of the experience I would not change, I am just going forward and I have no problem with failing and I really don't want to stop doing this.

Eventually I will have most of the pieces, but you can never have them all

• 10 months later...

I also am a journeyman about to graduate from my degree in artist blacksmithing in the u.k i have been blacksmithing and in the summer i would like to start my journey man journey, i am keen on going to austrailia but im willing to travel anywhere that will teach me new skills on the anvil. Just like bryce i only need feeding and a place to sleep, if anyone could help or give me advice or Contacts i would be very greatful.

• 3 weeks later...

Jake James in Vancouver BC would be a GREAT contact. He is a Hereford graduate and has some interesting stories about doing some journeying in Southeast Asia. He works alone and may even be of help in that direction. I believe he can be found through NWBA site. If you can't find him let me know and I can help. I was up there a while back and bought a fly press from him.

Thought I just posted this but it disappeared. Jake James in Vancouver B.C. would be a GREAT contact. He is a Hereford graduate and a master smith. Works alone and might even need help. He can be found on NWBA site I believe. If you can't find him let me know. I was up the a while back to buy a fly press from him...
EGAD-somebody help me delete this duplicate post. There doesn't seem to be a spot to "Delete" on the edit section...

Thought I just posted this but it disappeared. Jake James in Vancouver B.C. would be a GREAT contact. He is a Hereford graduate and a master smith. Works alone and might even need help. He can be found on NWBA site I believe. If you can't find him let me know. I was up the a while back to buy a fly press from him...
EGAD-somebody help me delete this duplicate post. There doesn't seem to be a spot to "Delete" on the edit section...

You can use the edit button and erase it but the post will stay so you must say something in it. Usually something like "duplicate post etc.."