I Forge Iron

My well used Christmas present

Greatings Good people of the forums this is The love of my life and a real competetor to my girlfriend:
GERTRUD!
Gertrud

(What? Its totaly normal to call your anvil by a girls name!)

I got her for a combined christmas/birthday present from my familie. Its 50kg which is about 110 pounds. Yes yes its not the biggest but it works superb!

Just wanted to show of my beauty and hope you like it :P

Greatings Good people of the forums this is The love of my life and a real competetor to my girlfriend:
GERTRUD!
Gertrud

(What? Its totaly normal to call your anvil by a girls name!)

I got her for a combined christmas/birthday present from my familie. Its 50kg which is about 110 pounds. Yes yes its not the biggest but it works superb!

Just wanted to show of my beauty and hope you like it

I can see why you love her :P It's a nice Refflinghaus anvil, it is a bit deceiving since it has an almost identical shape to a Peddinghaus anvil, other than that it's still a great anvil. B)

And it's normal to give your anvil a name, I called my biggest anvil Judith ;)

I can see why you love her :P It's a nice Refflinghaus anvil, it is a bit deceiving since it has an almost identical shape to a Peddinghaus anvil, other than that it's still a great anvil. B)

And it's normal to give your anvil a name, I called my biggest anvil Judith ;)

yea found the seller to have pictures of peddinghaus anvils instead of the ones he actually sells. I assume its cause he hasnt updated the pictures since he is very honest and a good man.

Ohwell, its good quality and doesnt get the notches easily exept for the odd hammer missing while drawing out a billet...

Also glad to see hearing protection. I notice "Gertrude" is not well restrained, and probably has a church bell sound about her. Fastening her tightly to the stump, and possibly wrapping some chain about her waist will help immensely and maybe win you favor with the neighbors.

Phil

I see this post can go the wrong way very quickly ^^ But yes eye-protection or no happy time...

She'll be noisy when you beat on her so chaining her down would be a good idea---see why I don't use such names for my anvils?

Yea...this thread is in a downward spiral for sure!

Phil

Also glad to see hearing protection. I notice "Gertrude" is not well restrained, and probably has a church bell sound about her. Fastening her tightly to the stump, and possibly wrapping some chain about her waist will help immensely and maybe win you favor with the neighbors.

Phil

I knew I would get it for not fixing it before i took the picture. I was right in a repair on the underside of the stump so had the lady unfastened. Normally I have her nailed down to the stump thingy with a U nail on every foot. But will probably buy her a neckless soon so she'll be quieter :P