I Forge Iron

Little Giant Trip Hammer

I have an old Little Giant Trip Hammer. Don't really know much about it. How do I find out what size it is? How much is it worth? A good place to find parts for it? Do I even have a use for it? Also have a No. 4 Arbor Press and a really old drill press I would like info on if anyone can help.

Thanks in advancepost-21113-0-12095600-1305609956_thumb.jpost-21113-0-08468600-1305610017_thumb.j

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Check the flywheel, the part you took a picture of, and see if it has 25lb or 50lb on it. If not, look on the side where the serial # is a post it, we can give a year it was made as well as the size. And if you send the serial # to Sid he can tell you when it was first bought, who purchased it, and where it's first home was. Where are you from?

A good clean picture of it would usually be enough to tell what it is.

Price is dependent on size, condition, and location ranging from a few hundred for basket cases to over 5000 for large ones in excellent condition located in a well populated area.

Sir,

If the can of spray behind the hammer is used for reference. I'd say you have a 50. The best place for info. is the Little Giant hammer website. (www.littlegianthammers.com)

Their website will tell you size and also parts available. If nothing else give them a call. They will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

As stated before location has a lot to do with value. You will find a lot of price variation in fifty pounders though. If it has a single bolt front main bearing cap this will hurt the value. This will make it an older hammer.

As far as usefulness, it depends on how much hammering you are planning on doing. Most folks with a good power hammer will not be without one.

Good luck with hammer.

Dave from Diller

I have an old Little Giant Trip Hammer. Don't really know much about it. How do I find out what size it is? How much is it worth? A good place to find parts for it? Do I even have a use for it? Also have a No. 4 Arbor Press and a really old drill press I would like info on if anyone can help.

Thanks in advancepost-21113-0-12095600-1305609956_thumb.jpost-21113-0-08468600-1305610017_thumb.j

Murdock, No; it is useless. I live in Omaha. Please bring it to me and I will dispose of it properly!! I can get rid of that nasty old arbor press as well. I will provide this service free of charge :ph34r: BTW, welcome to IFI :D