• Cotton apron
    • Kevlar apron
    • Full Length
    • Waist Length
    • One piece - not split
    • Split Leg
    • Other

yesteryear,
Did you have that apron imported? I noticed that you are in virginia and that apron was in England. Is there a supplier for that company stateside?? if you did have it imported would you mind me asking how much it cost? The el cheapo Harbor Freight aprons i use are okay, but that one looks outstanding. Thanks!
-Aaron @ the SCF

I seldom use one at home, but I finally had my wife sew me one for my reenactment work.

I do F&I War period, and in cool weather I usually wear a really nice linen weskit (well, it was when I first got it). The apron is made of cotton duck canvas and of a triangular shape. It ties around the waist and then buttons into the top two buttons of the weskit. It's considered more sacraficial than protective. I burn hardwood charcoal, and I'd rather have the forge fleas burning little holes in my apron than in my good coat.

Don

sandycreek forge
Yes I had it imported
Yes it is rather expensive
Yes it is an outstanding apron
the quality is top notch
i believe it came by fed ex

I really cant remember what it cost but I wasnt disappointed when I got it.
They make it custom to fit you
Im 6 foot 6 inches tall so mine was made a little longer than normal and I requested and recieved the heaviest leather that they had in stock

I wear a waist apron made of leather. It started out as a full front apron and I modified it. It was hot and uncomfortable for me. I found that when I did not wear one I was getting dirty right at my pockets on my jeans. I then saw Ken Swartz to a demo and he had a waist apron on. I love a waist apron, it is a lot more user friendly for me.

Peyton