I Forge Iron

Japan earthquake

pkrankow

My cousin is over there in the Marines. His family was notified that he is OK, but out of communication for a while because of conditions and assisting in the emergency response. Aparently no US service men or women were in the worst affected areas at the time.

Phil

Phil thanks for posting Info on you're side of the pond !
I have an update on Crescent City Ca & Brooking Or
things stared 7.30 Am Friday we DIDN'T get a wave thing would have much worse !!
we did get a surge of water around 9' or so high in tide the boats that did not leave
in the harbor were trapped @ that point ! water left harbor boats on bottom of harbor
then water returned several time over the day witch took out all are docks & them some !
boats were crashed against one and another 6 or more sank harbor likes like a boat wrecking yard that floats well some do :<) I am 4 blocks away from harbor were OK !! It would taken a big wave to get here and that would be up Elk creek if it happen I live next to a swamp I am on the higher ground so to speak of no one was killed that I know of thats a good thing we have lost are boat basin the fishing fleet @ this time has dosen't have a harbor to come back to :<( Brooking Or I here is in the same boat just not as bad ??
Its going to be a Tuff run ! the harbor is going to have to Micky mouse docks together
as bast as can for now or close harbor up ! BUREAUCRATS :<( I myself am on the make it work page !!! for now my portable welder and myself are on stand by to help when needed
its gona take a day or two to sort this out ,Other than that we were LUCY out to have a wave thought town !!

you can search crescent city Triplicate for pics & info I don't have web address handy
Steve's Welding -- IW

One of my friends from collage, mid 1960's, was a missionary to that part of Japan until 2001 and now retired to USA but still has many friends and some family, grand-daughter I think, in that area doing church work. I emailed him but haven't heard back from him. That is bad stuff with the power plants though. Dangerous stuff that nuclear power plants, earthquakes and tsunamis. I pray that they get it all under control sooner than later. I thought that there was one person swept out to sea in Crescent City and drowned. If that is true I pray that their family finds some peace also the folks in Hawaii. There has been a lot of seismic activity in the Pacific Basin in the last few months. I have e-mail friends from New Zealand but they were far away from the quake there. Also had e-mail friends in Chile that survived that country's quake. Not an experience I want to go through. May God watch over us all in times of disaster.