I Forge Iron

Moving Back To Houston!

Quenchcrack

Welcome to Texas early . The HABA organization is agood group of people. They also have a decent web site HABA Houston Area Blacksmith's Association .I am a member of Balcones Forge group most of our members are in the Austin area. Me I'm in San Antonio Balcones Forge .If you make it here before the end of March Dorothy Stiegler will be at our Blue Bonnet Workshop.in Marble Falls.

A.S.T.

I'm overjoyed for you; Houston is not my favorite place but I guess it's not as bad as it could be---you are used to the humidity a bit more in Tenn... I've always wanted scuba gear to breath in Houston. Though you could try training the cockroaches as strikers---you would need a bunch of 20# sledges though...

Houston is pretty far from Sandpile, Ellen and me though I guess you could meet up with us in OKC for a raid on Quad-State.

Will the new job pay for moving your smithing stuff? Mine didn't and it cost me about $5K out of pocket...

GREAT! You are welcome to stop by my place on any of your trips down. I'm just out of Longview towards Hallsville. We have 2 extra rooms and a full bath at your disposal if you choose. (Might cost ya a demonstration at the forge and anvil hehe). Seriously, my Casa, your Casa. Sorry my brother didn't ever get in touch with you while you are up there, he lives in Halls, Tenn.

I too would like to catch that group headed to Quad State, but that's a LONG way to be couped up in the same car with Sandpile! :) Thomas P and Ellen wouldn't be so bad....well, Ellen wouldn't be anyway ;)

Thomas Powers, yes they pay for everything: moving, real estate fees, legal, househunting. They are even buying my house in TN if I so choose. Very generous offer from an outstanding Steel Company.

Thomas Dean, your brother did contact me! We talked for about an hour but never had time to get together.

Yeah the humidity along the Mississippi is pretty formidable in summer as it is in Houston. However, Houston has so much more to offer than Left Tennesse I will put up with the heat and humidity.

AST, we love San Antonio and will probably do some camping over there.