I Forge Iron

Twelve pound rose bouquet

This was a commission that fell in my lap right at the last minute, Saturday afternoon prior to Valentine's Day on Monday. A man who was touring the Hausmann Millworks where my shop is located saw some of my steel roses and ordered a dozen of them, to be finished on Valentine's Day. It took about all I could do and a bit of help from a friend, but I managed to get them completed on time.

bouquet1.jpg

bouquet4.jpg

bouquet3.jpg

bouquet2.jpg

Altogether the bouquet weighs around twelve pounds. The customer reported that his wife loved them. I didn't have time to take any pictures before they left my shop, so he kindly took these pictures of them in his home for me.

Thanks, guys!

Mark - I speak from experience: never, even jokingly, comment that you'll never have to get your significant other flowers again since you got her the non-wilting ones. :)

Don - Fortunately I had one already done and about four more that were done except for adding leaves. I used the petal blanks from Pieh Tool Co., as this saves a heck of a lot of time cutting them out of the sheet metal by hand. I only had ten petal blank kits, though, so I had to cut two more out with tin snips. It still took some doing to get them all finished on time, even with the petal blank kits and almost half of them mostly complete before hand. He picked them up at 6:30 in the evening on Valentine's Day.

• 1 month later...

WOW..! ! ! ! ! thoses are awsome..!!! I am a brand new wanna-a-be smith.. i have been trying to make ross like that.. they have been coming out ok, but nothing like those. What kind of finish did you put on those..? How many petal blanks did you use. . ? again incredible work and thanx for sharing the pics.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...