I Forge Iron

Las Vegas

I have been to Las Vegas, Neveda only once, I was not impressed with the place. I have been to Las Vegas, New Mexico several times. When I was a child almost every weekend in the summer on our way up to go fishing on the Pecos River. We also had friends in town. I have stopped there a couple of times since. They have a university there New Mexico Highlands University http://www.nmhu.edu/ where they also have an iron pour. That professor comes down and helps out at the iron pour at Mesalands Community College. He is a real nice guy. This is more than you ever wanted to know about Las Vegas, NM isn't it? :blink:

Matter of fact I was there yesterday. I live 50 or so miles from Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada, and commuted to work there until the company relocated to LaVerkin Utah after the bankruptcy. I try to get into Las Vegas on the weekends so I can have something of a social life, something I haven't I have not been able to do in Southern Utah.

Tim McCoy lives in Las Vegas, and JPH is based in Henderson, and both of them have lived there far longer than I have been in Nevada.

What do you want to know?

Matter of fact I was there yesterday. I live 50 or so miles from Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada, and commuted to work there until the company relocated to LaVerkin Utah after the bankruptcy. I try to get into Las Vegas on the weekends so I can have something of a social life, something I haven't I have not been able to do in Southern Utah.

Tim McCoy lives in Las Vegas, and JPH is based in Henderson, and both of them have lived there far longer than I have been in Nevada.

What do you want to know?

An acquaintance of mine, with whom I work, will soon be returning to Las Vegas. He wants to build a dome home and will need some parts forging.

Hey Phillip,
still being somewhat of a beginner I can't say that I could be of service doing the forging, but if he needs some help with design, or locating something I could do that.

I had considered a subterranean monolithic concrete dome for a home, but the cost of concrete has shelved that idea for now. Been looking into other types of alternative construction such as; earth berm, rammed earth, straw bale, and containerization. My philosophy is that I now live in a fairly harsh environment, so I need to adapt my living style. Why pay huge electric bills to run an air conditioner, when you can build a house that stays cool naturally?

I know an architect in Las Vegas that has done some alternative buildings, if your friend would like to get together with him.